Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Commitment.

I've always struggled with commitment.  When I say commitment, most people immediately think of relationships, but for me that isn't the case!  In this case, it is completely different.

I've always struggled with feeling comfortable in my own skin.  I've always felt, like many other people, that there were SO many things about my body that could be improved upon.  Many times I've "committed" to some kind of diet or cleanse that I expected to see fast results with.  Every time I've made this choice, my head has never been fully in it.  I would feel like I wanted it so badly, but as soon as someone offered me a cookie, I would decide that I wanted that more.  This has been a consistent cycle in my life for the last few years.  Especially in high school, I always felt like I needed to be watching what I ate, working out, and making sure that I was committed to taking care of my body, but I was NEVER serious about it.  I let myself "cheat" more than once a day, comforting myself when I felt guilty about cheating by telling myself that I obviously didn't want to deprive my body.  Every time I decide to try some new diet, it lasts for about three days on average, and then I cheat a few times and give up.

In High School I never felt as comfortable as I knew I should, and every time I failed at one of my quick fix diets, I felt worse about myself.  Going into my sophomore year of college, I plan to make an actual difference in my body this time. It's time to be serious about working hard for what I want, which is to lose the weight that I have let accumulate for so long, even if it's just a little bit.  Everyone has to start somewhere, and this is my somewhere.  This time, I am committing.

P.S. Obviously with this change will come recipes and different workout tips, so stay on the look out for those!

xoxo
-Lex


No comments:

Post a Comment