Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Ultimate College Packing List




With a new semester right around the corner for many of us, this is an exciting time of the year.  Whether you are a recent HS graduate or continuing with your second, third, or fourth year of college, this can be an exciting but stressful time.  I remember this time last year I was struggling to decide how I wanted to decorate my dorm room, what I wanted my colors to be (yes, I am OCD about matching), and most importantly, what I wanted to bring with me!  Having my freshman year under my belt, and receiving plenty of questions from my close friends about what they should bring for their freshman year, I would say I have a pretty good idea what you will need!

Bedroom:
-Matress Cover
-Matress pad (I recommend memory foam, those college dorm beds can be pretty uncomfortable)
-Comforter/Duvet + Duvet Insert
-Two Pillows/Pillow Cases
-Body Pillow + Cover
-Two sets of sheets
-Risers (If needed)
-Throw Blanket
-Fan
-iHome (Can also use as an alarm)
-Extra Lamp
-Small Trash Can

Bathroom:
-Shower Caddy
-Toiletries --> (Aspirin, Advil PM, lint roller, brush, comb, makeup, q-tips, razor, nail clippers, band aids, floss, hair products, mouth wash, face wash, medicine, tweezers)
-Tissues
-Two Towels
-Towel Wrap
-Hair Towel (if you need it)
-Wash Cloths
-Flip Flops/ Shower Shoes-recommend Old Navy or Adidas
-Toilet Paper if not a communal bathroom

Decoration:
-Bulletin board for pinning important papers
-Dry erase calender for each month with important due dates
-Pictures
-Plenty of command hooks

Laundry:
-Laundry Basket/something non flimsy so you can carry it to the actual washer and dryer and when your clothes are folded it's handy
-Box of tide pods-those are much easier than dishing out the correct amount of detergent
-Dryer sheets to make your clothes smell amazing

School Related Items:
-Agenda
-School Supplies
-Umbrella, rain jacket, rain boots
-Laptop/Laptop case
-Backpack (trust me that's what you want)
-Plenty of index cards

Cleaning Supplies:
-Lysol Wipes
-Paper Towels
-Swiffer
-Broom
-Vaccuum for rug
 -Hand Sanitizer

Kitchen:
-Bowls
-Plates
-Utensils
-Cups
-Tumbler cups to take to class
-Coffee pot/keurig
-Coffee Mugs
-Snacks
-A case of Natty Light
-Food to munch on when you come home from a night out

Storage:
-Bins to keep extra clothes for off season
-Bins for extra shoes
-Shelves for top of desk for books and other items
-Plastic bins for food storage

Electronics:
-TV
-Laptop
-Tablet/iPad
-Printer
-Headphones
-USB

Clothes (Main Items):
-Sweatshirts
-Leggings
-Long Sleeve T shirts
-Rain Boots
-Riding Boots
-Baseball Hats
-SPIRIT WEAR DUH for your university
-Tennis shoes
-Dresses for formals
-Clothes you would wear out

Personal:
-License
-Student ID
-Money
-Room Key!
-Debit Card
-Insurance Card


For my freshman year, these were all things I needed and had with me in my dorm room. I hope you found this helpful for the coming months!
If there is anything I forgot, leave it in the comments below!

xoxo
Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment